Tuesday 1 September 2015

Take Care of You!


Today begins another chapter, Courtland is starting Grade 3! I am glad that he is going back to school- it has been a long, lonely summer for him……then there is the guilt that I feel for not making summer a better experience for him.  I work from home as a medical transcriptionist, and I must admit, that although I didn’t mean for this to happen, I am afraid that he played video games far too often, just to keep himself busy as I worked.

I am starting to realize that I can’t beat myself up about that stuff. I do my best to engage with Courtland, and we did do as much as we could with him throughout the summer.

Suddenly, I realized that I need to take time to slow down and relax. I feel like I have been running on fumes for the last little while. I have been burning the candle at both ends for a long time.  I think this is true of a lot of parents, (moms especially); because we are so busy trying to be a great mom, and balance career and home etc.

We went away for our anniversary. It was just one night, but did I ever need that! I was a time away to refresh and relax. It occurred to me that if I am tired and I don’t take care of myself, I can’t be a good mom and take care of Courtland. Plus, I am much nicer to be around when I am not so uptight!

So to all you moms, in the midst of all your busyness of back to school, take time to take care of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment